Saturday, December 22, 2007

THE TEN COMMANDMENTS

What is wrong with loving God with all your heart and loving your neighbor as yourself? Those opposing the Ten Commandments demonstrate their hatred of God and hatred of their neighbor as themselves. Love is defined by the law of God. If I love God, I will have no other gods before Him, not be involved in idolatry, not take His name in vain, keep the Sabbath day holy, and honor my father and mother. What is wrong with this?

If I love my neighbor as myself, I will not murder my neighbor, not commit adultery with my neighbor, not steal from my neighbor, not bear false witness against my neighbor, and not covet the possessions of my neighbor. What is wrong with this? Paul said in Romans 13:10 that love was the fulfilling of the law. Why do these commandments bother people so badly? Do they not know these commandments judge them?

They do not know because sinners hate God and His people with all of their hearts. They want to make it as though Christians are outlaws and sinners, when they themselves are the guilty ones. I am sure that even sinners enjoy the protection of "Thou shalt not steal." What do they have against their property not being stolen? What is wrong with "Thou shalt not commit adultery?" It is what keeps families strong and together. What is wrong with this?

No comments: